Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wish you were mine…

I gave you as much as I could of me
You were in my thoughts and in my dreams
You captured my heart and soul
You meant the world to me.

Lying awake with my head on my pillow, so restless that I can’t sleep
I can’t endure the pain and the thoughts running deep
The thoughts of you won’t go away, no matter how hard I try
Knowing that we were meant to be together, makes me do nothing but cry.

sad
I don’t feel like myself anymore, I feel numb, lifeless and don’t seem to care
I need you to bring me back to life, to hold you and my emotions with you to share
If only you knew what I am going through, it would crush you to pieces
The pain I feel inside has been lingering, and it seems like it never ceases.

I need to get myself back to the way I used to be, what they call a “Normal” life
Still buried are those days when I was carefree, loving and full of life
Its hard to say goodbye, so with a fake smile I try move on to make things fine,
Wishing in my next life I would be your lover and wish you would be mine.

__________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

The Poet said...

Hello.
Visiting from the group Bloggers Reflections.

Its hard when you break up with someone whom you still love, but who doesn't feel the same. It's natural for feelings to remain raw for a while. Time is our master & heals all pain or at least dims it so it doesn't hurt so much. The beauty of love is that it never fails or dies...it is we humans with our ever changing hearts & emotions that disappoint love.

Nice write-up.
Thanks for sharing.

Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn

Romeo Das said...

Yes Andy, truly said. Completely agree with you. God to hear that you liked my post.

Keep visiting :)

Sri Valli said...

Beautifully written :)

Romeo Das said...

Thanks Valli! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...